Score + MP3
Technical indications in Italian and English
price € 12,00
size cm 23,5×31, staple
Saxophone Collection series
- The piece of about 5-6 minutes is meant for any kind of saxophone in solo.
- Reproduction of the author’s manuscript for a more direct understanding of the compositional style.
- Extended techniques such as multiphonics and slep tonguing are used without overshadowing the musicality of the instrument.
- Excellent test bed for the extension of the study of extended techniques.
- Effective concert piece and exam.
- Intermediate-advanced executive level.
Listen to the song “Melagrana”performed by the author
- contemporary music performers
- concert artists of contemporary jazz
- saxophone teachers
- Students who are graduating in saxophone at Conservatories
Eugenio Colombo, saxophonist, flautist, Roman composer. Initially self-taught, he then graduated in Saxophone at the Frosinone Conservatory. He is one of the best known Italian saxophonists in the European jazz and creative improvisation area. He has collaborated with Giancarlo Schiaffini, Giovanna Marini, Anthony Braxton, Demetrio Stratos, Misha Mengelberg, Bruno Tommaso, Steve Lacy, Cecil Taylor, Martin Joseph. He is one of the founder of the Italian Instabile Orchestra: He has composed for solo instruments, saxophone quartet, string trio, big band, brass band with improvising soloists. He taught Saxophone and History of Jazz in the Conservatories of Rome and Matera. He is currently a teacher at the Frosinone Conservatory.